Sam Haren practices primarily in the area of business litigation. He was born and raised in Belton, Texas. Sam began his career as a securities attorney with Andrews Kurth, LLP from 2007 to 2009. He then took a position with the Texas Finance Commission from 2009 to 2010 where he enforced financial regulations against various types of lenders. In early 2010, Sam returned to private practice in the commercial litigation firm of Fernelius Alvarez PLLC. In 2012, Sam joined Hawash Meade Gaston Neese & Cicack LLP, where he focuses on commercial and insurance litigation.
- South Texas College of Law – JD, magna cum laude, 2007
- University of Texas – BA, Government, 2004
Honors and Awards
- Graduated 2nd in law school class
- Associate Editor, South Texas Law Review
- AmJur Awards for highest grade in: Administrative Law, Civil Procedure, Conflict of Laws, Constitutional Law, First Amendment, State Constitutional Law, and Torts
- Varsity Moot Court Advocate: Best Brief Award, A.B.A. Moot Court Regional Competition; Second Place, Scribes National Brief-Writing Award; Best Respondent Brief, Leroy Jeffers Intramural Moot Court Competition; Best Brief Award